18 August 2020

More Covid Chruch Messages Of Hope

3738

While I'm not the church type, I am the sort whose heart is warmed by a thoughtfully-crafted message from one. Humanity is something we all share, and when a church reflects that humanity, it does indeed provide a sort of basic level of happiness to even us secular sorts.

A couple signs came to my attention recently. This first one, Calvary Presbyterian, 71st and Fremont, reflects a sentiment that I find terribly encouraging, sensible, and just plain grown up in these times where if we'd all just discipline ourselves and remember our connections to each other, we'd get through this pandemic a little quicker perhaps. 

The state of the news of the world during this time should illustrate how well we've followed this implicit advice. 

This next one is in my neighborhood and I've always found the Gethsemane Lutheran folks to be really concerned about the community rather than whether their community affiliates with them. Its an attitude of service I have always found encouraging.

Their current sign message reflects this ecumenical attitude. Because who can't take something away from this?


... and so it goes.

No comments: