03 June 2013

[diary] Reading About Diaries, Collecting Notebooks

2937.I'm currently reading (or have gone through) three books on diary writing by three different authors. I have nothing to say about the now, but will anon.

In the meantime, here's a nifty article by Marie at the blog Presents of Mind that tells of her obsession with collecting notebooks, which is something I do, just a little, myself. A taste:

Three hand-made notebooks. The one on the left is bound with real leaves with a wooden spine and hand-made paper. The other two have covers made of waxed, brown paper shopping bags and ordinary bond copy paper. You can see the name of the market bleeding through its cover. The one on the right is decorated with pen and ink filigree. I bought it at a street fair, then went home and duplicated the process. Different and fun to use and only costs pennies to make.

And here's the link: http://presentsofmind.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/my-notebook-obsession/

No comments: