07 July 2020

Wy'East in Surrogate on Division

3709The last several days here in my beloved PDX Metro have been gray and cloudy. And I do like this; I've always preferred the cloudy days to the agressively clear, horizon-to-horizon blue.

However, it does prevent me from seeing my mountain muse, Wy'east. But a billboard company has kind of come to the rescue. Looking down on SE 98th and Division, from above a dodgy quick-shop and gas station, and within sight of the big Division/I-205 mixing bowl, we have a beatific place-holder design on a billboard, which has benevolence designed in.


So, if I can't get my Wy'east fix from 122nd, at least I got it from here, this day.

The lighthouse on the cupola of the Public Storage next door gives a dash of visual simultaneously ironic and romantic, in that commercial suburban business district sort of way.

No comments: