09 June 2004

Goodbye, Mr. Reagan

Well, well. The Gipper is finally pushing up the daisies.

I'm a bit mego'd but not at all surprised that he's getting the big pass. I came of voting age with Reagan's administration and watched him fire the ATCs, get big points for delegating everything, dance all over the Constitution with Iran-Contra, pretend not to know what was going on, and really finish my opinion of the modern Republican party as something that was, in total, not to be trusted or ever voted for, and impression that began with watching the Nixon presidency.

Really, I just can't understand why anyone who believes they have a heart and soul votes R. I just don't get it. They've always chosen doctrine over serving the electorate, and always pretended nothing's the matter and walked away when it all went south on them.

I was unaffiliated up until this year, but went ahead and rereistered as a Democrat for two reasons: 1) I like John Kerry and 2) I hope it pisses off Karl Rove.

Want more reasons why you shouldn't participate in the Gipper's memorial public celebration? Read the following while it's still legal to do so

Also, read the latest Ted Rall. Actually, follow Ted. He's going to be one of the first thrown into prison (if not up against the wall) when the Republicans complete thier goal of one-party rule, so read him while it's still legal.

And Ted regularly posts opinion on the Yahoo Op-Ed page.

He speaks truth, which is frequently rude to power. You don't get a free pass in your life, why do you let those in power get away with stuff that affects your life right now as an American?

Read Cursor and Atrios every day. I have links over there on...well, on the left.

No comments: