09 June 2004

The Moving and the Grooving

As I said in a previous post, we are indeed moving. From one part of southease Portland OR to another part of southeast Portland OR. For the moment and for the purposes of the fact that this is personal-to-the-world (noting that at the moment this blog is completely unread by anybody and is more of an experimental enterprise) I think it better to talk in terms general, therefore, we are going from the area of SE 52nd and Flavel to SE 112th and Market.

We are coming up on the end of our 30-day moving out period and there is still a little too much here in the old apt for my tastes although The Wife[tm] is optimistic. Despite going on about all the 'moving karma' we were supposed to collect on she's been doing it all herself. Finally I have days that I don't have to worry about schoolwork to get this thing done or to do it to my utmost in the time I do have before i go off to the Salt Mine nightly at 22:00.

It's a bit of sturm und drang, true, but in the end when we are ensconced in the new Sonnenuhrhaus and I'm set up in my basement office (which is a really sweet thing) and the moving and the grooving is finally over, that all will be well.

We are buying this place. We plan on staying there for an awful long time.

No comments: