19 June 2004

Saturday Slant:That Annoying Celebrity

Pariah invites us to Play....

Well, it's not so much that annoying celebrity, as it is those. Damn, the Q is so hard to respond to. Call it cliche'd proletarian class-anger if you will, but the idea that Pauly Shore, for example, makes more even being unsuccessful at being Pauly Shore than I do on my best day in my current day-job employ really cheeses me.

Yes, I said cheeses. Deal

Anyway, I guess the annoyance for me comes in a series. Some time ago, it was Maury Povich/Connie Chung. After that it was Jerry Springer. Along the way it has been Pauly Shore (as menched), Elizabeth Hurley (tho' she redeemed herself somewhat in Austin Powers), Rush Limbaugh (for more than obvious reasons).

Right now my most annoying celebrity has got to be Bill O'Reilly. Lies repeatedly, pretends to be better than he is, "The No Spin Zone" with loads of spin, faux (Fox?) intellectualism that gets enraged when it has to walk the talk.
This will change; watch this space.

I guess I'd say that it's not any certain celebrity that's annoying, but celebrity that's annoying. Are you just some average schmo? Well, with INSTANT CELEBRITY you, too, will be esteemed by those who used to be your peers; your every utterance and cause will seem profound and just; people will take poison just because you said it's good...no matter what you really are like!!!!

Celebrity! Score some today!

Refer the inspiring question at the button below. Play along if you've the courage!

The Saturday Slant - New Every Saturday Morning

No comments: