07 May 2011

[media] The Whole Animal Kingdom, Or Just That Horse There?

2618.I wish headline-writing was its own career. I would so go for that.

Why? Because every once in a while, I can come up with this (via KGW-TV):

Animal Kingdom Wins!

Those throngs in the stands are the horse's support staff, I guess.

Sometimes the sweetest victories are those that are shared precariously. This is the day of history: not only did this horse win the Derby, not only did humanity win, by extension, but the entire animal kingdom.

I guess we never have to run that race again.

In other headlines that caught my eye, KPTV-TV has a very clever titler working today:

TTTT

… I love that. Also, in other alliterative news: Purloiners Pick at Pontiacs in Pendleton, Absconders Attack Acuras in Albany, Saboteurs Sully Saturns in Salem, and Villians Victimize VWs in Vernonia.

Oh, won't someone think of the children?

No comments: