24 July 2004

Danger Theater!!!!!

We are looking forward to seeing The Bourne Supremacy. The Wife[tm] is big on the Bourne saga and the first movie in the sequence (The Bourne Identity, natch) and I must say, for not being a Ludlum or Damon fan, the movie was a good rip and a lot of fun.

The Wife[tm] additionally inveighs upon me to read the Ludlum novels. I'll say this much, Bourne, when you really look at him, makes out as something of an Everyman...with preternaturally sharp physical and mental prowess, but an Everyman nonetheless. And there's lots of spy-style intrigue.

I liked the Bond films and Mission:Impossible, but The Wife[tm] taught me how to enjoy and get into them. She knows good action theater. And I can't wait to see it now, too.

PS:Tom Cruise's take on M:I sucks. Now, the fist Mission movie was good...it was a little hokey, and took some liberties, but kept true to the IMF theme. M:I 2, though, was so bad that The Wife[tm] took it back without finishing the movie. She has a high tolerance for bad action flicks. If it's not good enough for her, it's not good enough for anybody.

You won't get that time back. Consider yourself...advised.

No comments: