28 March 2010

[pdx] SE 92nd And Division – New Blades, Cool Building

2365.
The new PDX street blades are now gracing both the NW and NE corners of SE 92nd Avenue and Division Street.



I have rhapsodized enough about these new designs that I needed do that any more. My devoted reader should be well familiar by now with my feelings about their Clearview goodness, and mixed-case on a street blade just makes me happy and antic inside. It's the feeling I had when I finally got to write on College-ruled paper instead of wide-ruled and regular-size pencils instead of those big green ones.

Of course I have the big green ones now … but it's totally ironic. Seriously.

Just east of here and on the south side of the street is the coolest building in the area:



If I had a successful design agency, I would totally have this building, at least partially. And I would totally have the big diamond-windowed office. A harlequin building! Mine, you!

The area is, of course, very close to I-205, which provides for a bit of urban layering:



This is what I do. Look up at signs and enjoy the play of line, angle, curve, and color. And sunny days are still rare in Portland at this time of year.

But the new crop of street blades are in bloom. And looking good.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: