11 December 2008

The Quest: We are Re-Computered

The PowerMac G4 arrived from PowerMax today, and there was no problem in plugging it in and powering it on.

I am currently running off that machine. It's good to be at my workstation; it's good to look at the computer on a big screen.

It's good to be back in the studio.

I still have benchmarks to complete. First will the the installation of the old "SunDial Three" hard drive into this case, then the SuperDrive from the old machine.

I owe it all to the people who thought enough of me to donate money to make this happen.

Thank you, thank you all.


Dale said...

Excellent news! Congrats on getting the gear back to health.

Judy said...

Good to know you're back in business!

Samuel John Klein Portlandiensis said...

Thank you, both.

I really didn't think I had this much good will stored up. It's amazing to be back up on a machine I'm familiar with and can use, and you guys are two of the reasons.

For that I can't thank you enough.