05 May 2005

[net_life] The BlogPatrol Report

I use Blogpatrol to count hits on this site (I do crave fame in a minor way, and I have a bit of brain damage that compels me to see how popular I am). BlogPatrol is nifty in that it tells you where people come from and infres how they found you, but doesn't reveal anything about you like your name, address, etc...stuff you don't want me to know.

For a long time now, BP has been delivering to me a sort of restrained comic relief in the form of search terms and referring pages. Sometimes browsers refer from the "next blog" button on the Blogger search bar, rendering referrals from sites whose juxtaposition with mine is bizarre in the least and dadaist at the most.

Without further ado, then, here's the goodies I found the last time I checked in with Blogger:

The last 20 referrers amounted to a lot of Google searches and "Self-referring/Bookmarker", which I must be honest I don't really know what means, although I did get a hit referred from a Comcast search about the defunct BCTI. So, I'll move on to search terms. Always a world of fun here.

Got It On My Mind, Like A Song On The Radio

The top keyword hits had people looking for information on Thom Hartmann, our new KPOJ morning talk jock. I also got a few hits from people looking up Heidi Tauber. Good on you Heidi, you got fans. Other media-related hits included terms for "Bob Miller KPAM" and "Rusty Nails KPTV"-Rusty Nails was a popular kiddie clown on the old Channel 12 during the halcyon days. Also got a couple of hits looking for the former KPAM talk jock "Dream" Weaver (who I still miss...curse you KPAM).

Know The Code

One hit for Si bili, se ergo. I love that.

Vastly Underrated

One for '"Dave Mayes" cribbage'. If you have a Palm and want a few well-crafted, free games, go there and get them. They're wicked fun and more of a match than most computer games. Find the link for Dave Mayes on my sidebar.

A Habit Of Highly Effective People

Two keyworders went after the Uncalendar. I can't recommend it highly enough. If you need to be organized but just can't do it, having a tool you like and is fun to use make it more possible. It hasn't solved all my problems, but it's helped me start to instill good habits...and I need all the help I can get. Go to People Systems to find out more about it...and check out the "Note Takers Delight" while you're at it.

Well, You Should Keep Your Leather Cleaner, Then

One search: "keflex for strap infection". Now, that's what I call the wonder drug that works wonders!"

Your All Purpose Criminal Element

I have four or five keyword hits from people looking to crack QuarkXPress V6 and up, three in the last week. I guess that's to be expected; I've mentioned it in the narrative more than once, and it's hard cheese to swallow to ask someone to fork over $1,000 to use what the ininitiated think is probably just a glorified Microsoft Publisher (it's much better than that, trust me). On the other hand, there are a lot of budding designers who need the tool but probably just can't afford it.

Strangely, I receive no keyword hits looking for InDesign cracks. Make of this what you will.

In any event, you can just move along. When it comes to crack access, there's nothing to see here.

Air O-Zone

Someone else is looking for detalis of the plane in the O-Zone video for Dragostea Din Teï. As am I still; I'd like to produce a drawing of it, when I have a bit more free time, and I'd like to know what sort of plane it was that it was based on. If I ever find out, I'll post.

The Big Winner This Time Round

A Google search, which pretty much speaks for itself:

"emma watson's favourite things and what she likes to do and what she doesn't like to do and what her hopes and dreams are websites"

Well, that's all for this time. Tempus fugit, so-little-to-do-so-much-time-to do-it-in, and all that. Out.

No comments: