03 August 2005

[pdx_life] A View Down SW Columbia Street

Looking east on SW Columbia Street from SW Park Avenue, about 5 PM yesterday:



I love the First National Bank Building First Interstate Center Wells Fargo Bank Building. It was Oregon's first Real Big Building, and, at 40 floors, is still a teeny bit taller than the newer, 42-story, UNICO/US Bancorp Tower, fourteen blocks north.

While I'm not going to say how old I am, I will let on that I remember when there was a First National Bank of Oregon.

PS: The shorter, blocky building directly in front of the tower, the one with the horizontal strips of windows, is the headquarters of The Oregonian.

1 comment:

Jim said...

and someone said "Let's up a building with absolutely no features." -- lucky there were some vertical lines on the drafting paper :)