06 September 2006

[font_design] Over At Designorati, I'm Getting Something Started...

Right now I'm getting something started over at Designorati that's really gotten me excitied. Since Chief Editor and Dragonslayer Pariah S. Burke did some serious battle against the forces of Evil, it's better than it was, and I'm embarking on, for me, a rather ambitious project.

I've done a bit of noodling about font design and have always wondered what it would be like if I could come up with something that I could let out in the wild. I don't know if I can do anything innovative or übercool but I would like to put together something solid and have someone else use it.

Well, FontLab, who is to font editors what Adobe is to digital graphics, has unwittingly agreed to help me in my world conquest goals (mwah-ha-ha-ha-HA!). Seriously, though, they have two tools for two price-levels, TypeTool and FontLab Studio, which I've long admired and have always wanted to put to a stress test.

Well, now, I get that chance. I have both TypeTool and FontLab Studio and I'm going through an evolution on Designorati in which I examine both tools, cut a review on each, then use one as the design engine that brings my digital vision into reality. This is a big thing for me, and a chance to let my ambition run kinda wild...

This looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Follow me if you want at Designorati.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: