19 May 2014

[liff] Clouds Before The Storm Over 122nd And East Burnside

3087.
MOAR OUTER EAST PORTLANDIA CLOUDZ!!!!

This is Saturday, the 17th, and the atmosphere was quite active. Those local to Outer East Portlandia and the Greater Russellville Metro Area will recall that the day after was quite active with the thunderstorms and the rumbly and the boom and the FLAVENS!


I guess I'm a sucker for dramatic skies. They have been unusually generous lately.


Anyone can be inspired by a clear blue sky, I suppose; I certainly am. But there's so much variety and dynamism in a sky like this – I could look at it for hours.

Thank God for digital photography, right? You get to keep it and you can enjoy it on your camera pretty much right away.

The last two days have been of the Don't like Oregon weather? Just wait 5 minutes, it'll change variety. Seriously. Bright warm sun followed by fifteen minutes of frog-choker. Oregon weather is just as moody as the reputed slackers we're supposed to be overrun with, and has more mood swings than a hormonal teenager.

But, do note the gossamer sunlight shafts beaming down in the middle-distance here. This is my favorite of the three for that reason.

Is that you, God? It's me, 122nd and East Burnside.

No comments: