28 March 2021

Covid Vaccination Drive-Thrus At The Old 122nd Kmart?

3794

It was reported in the media very very recently that the State of Oregon have opened a drive-through Covid vaccidnation site at Clackamas Town Center. I've heard of some people going there. I've heard also that it works really well, so this is good news. More people vaccinated, tougher time for the coronavirus, better time for us all around.

Now, here, out 122nd way, at NE Sandy Blvd, we used to have a Kmart, the last Kmart in the Portland area, I think it was. how it hung on through the wave after wave of closings, I couldn't tell you - access to the location was problematic at best, with 122nd and Sandy coming together as they do, and no possibility for a left hand turn-in from 122nd southbound. But it was the sole survivor, and now it's gone and only its big box remains. 

Although this morning I spied something other than else:


... a phalanx of five drive-through popups each indentically paired with a small tent beside and with lanes defined by orange cones leading into and out.

I'm no epidemiologist, but I'd say we're about to replicate the Clackamas Town Center idea, and I find this most encouraging and exciting.

There's a new crew in charge in the country, and they're getting the job done.

No comments: