08 November 2004

[sundial_life] Back From OryCon 26

Indeed, am back from OryCon26, looking ahead to 27. Did fairly alright despite leg bothering me.

Todd McCaffrey was there. Tall, biggish fella, resembles his mom, Anne, she of the Pern saga. I'm not a reader, but it looks very much as though Todd will take the franchise forward and, judging by The Wife[tm]'s reaction to the latest Pernography, he's probably going to to a bangup job.

The neat thing about SF Cons is that you come up against people who you idolize and who, to you are celebrities in thier own right, and you walk right up to them and realize that they are kind of like you, really. Except maybe Larry Niven and Harlan Ellison. No, strike that; Definitely Niven and Ellison. I think they are higher life forms.

Altho', in my time, I had the chance to kiss Ursula le Guin's hand when she 'graphed my omnibus edition of Earthsea Trilogy.

As long as OSFCI and OryCons exist, the world isn't completely, wrong, you know.

A couple of links to follow in another post, and more prattling guaranteed.

No comments: