10 January 2005

[blog_life] Dammit.

Every other day or so, I travel up the list of the 'blogs that I link to/have linked to me (principally in "Blogging Oregon Style" section) to see what's shakin' down those links. One of the first to link to me...without being asked, mind...is this fellow who ran a 'blog' called pontifications. He never said he was linking to me, just did it. As a new 'blogger, that just felt cool.

I also occaisionally read his 'blog. It was interesting. He had a sense of presence and style, his page had some decent design going, and it was intriguing the way he examined life in terms of three important faces. Light is both a particle and a wave, and the author of pontifications was triune: gay, political, geek, or, as he termed himself, homopoliticogeek. I don't know of many people who divide thier facets so discretely and then approach subjects of life thus. Most of us-myself included-express ourselves as an amalgam and the boundaries blur a bit.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, just a factor of ourselves, and the interest and excitement of interpersonal interaction comes from learning these things. And the unique things stand out. And the author was unique.

I'm writing in the past tense not because the author has expired (he is apparently still quite alive), but his 'blog has, and in a most dispairing way. Comment spam. One of the other 'blogs I frequent, I Am Pariah, got hit in a big way about two or three months ago. Pariah had other problems (go read his blog for an example of the water big bloggers have to carry occasionally) but this caused many many irritating emails to show up over a span of months and I couldn't mark them as 'junk', else I'd miss real responses. It was tough.

But, as far as our uninonymous author (all I ever heard was his name was "Adam") goes, the bastards finally ground him down, and I am sad for this. Gresham's Law proved, once again.

I'd hope that he reconsiders his decision to retire pontifications. I'd not be surprised if he didn't though.

I love all the links I get, what few there are. Thank you all for connecting me in to the great community. It's immense fun.

No comments: