06 January 2005

[sundial_life] Woolgathering, 06.01.05

Linkin' Park

I finally got off the dime and added WorldWide Pablo. Not that that isn't something that a lot of people have done, and for good reasons. But I commented on a few of his posts and he was friendly and respectful and happy in his followups. What's not to like?

Big Man on Campus

The two classes I've got this term are proceeding well so far. The Geography of Oregon teacher, Margaret McCrea-Campbell, is a geographer by training and trade. She has a passion for the subject. The text for the course, Loy et.al.'s Atlas of Oregon, 2nd Ed, isn't a textbook, really, but it has great information about Oregon and the instructor felt as though this is a book that people would only get if they could justify the purchase.

Woman after my own heart, she is.

Need to apply for graduation. Need to start thinking about portfolio; the Portfolio Prep course is next term, and I want to hit the ground running for that. I love craftwork, but it irritates me for some reason.

Got to find my parking permit. Wonder where it's gone?

I Am, As We Said When I Was a Neat Thing, an "Arthur"

Getting published-even on the web, where you largely do your own publishing-is a big boost. I like seeing my name in lights. I keep reloading the review of QuarkVista on QuarkVSInDesign.com that I posted yesterday because...well, it's a charge to look at that. There's another thing, of course. It's one thing to put a lot of effort into writing, making it look good, at least making it look like you're not a complete idiot and know basic punctuation and spelling, and then putting up your own 'blog or 'website. It's quite another to have someone ask you to add your tuppence because they've seen what you do and like the way you say it.

That's the greatest gift. And I do have value I can contribute, I know it.

Now, I'm wondering what I can do next.

No comments: