22 March 2005

[sundial_life] Palm Tungsten E...here.

As it transpired, there was money to replace the m130. I now have, for my very owners, a Palm Tungsten E. Used, from the store we call "Stuff", at SE 82nd and Otty Rd, for $129.

Hey, it works for me.

Not only that, The Wife[tm] was all for it. She understands geek bragging rights and wants me to have as many of those as I can. The only thing I still don't have is the Games card, but I got my cribbage and Dave Mayes' Rally 1000, and his excellent Cribbage for Palm. Dave Mayes has put togther a few free games for Palm, and as a matter of fact, if you like Cribbage you owe it to yourself to get his game because it's wicked smart and keeps your counting skills sharp-or improves them if they're dull.

Dave's freeware Palm games are here

Today we ran out trying to find a special thing: a snapshot of the street sign that displays the highest-numbered avenue in the greater Portland system. I know where it is, and I found the street but not what I"d hoped for, and we found some interesting things along the way and a gorgeous sunset. Expect a post on this in the next day or two.

Oh, and if you use QuarkXPress with the PSD Import XTension, and XPress starts crashing on startup, redownload it and reinstall it. Don't copy back the XTension, it's been corrupted somehow. It worked for me.

No comments: