30 August 2007

[liff] Michael Jackson (no, not that one) Has Passed On

930. Michael Jackson is dead.

No, not that one. This one.

This MJ was a world-renowned authority on not just beer, but good beer–the kind anyone who gives a damn about beer should be drinking (in my mind, that would not be PBR, but I digress). His signature publication was The World Guide to Beer, published originally in 1977. He also wrote extensively on whisky (or, whiskey, if you will). Public television viewers may best know him from his show, The Beer Hunter.

The man had a decided passion for well-made beer, as his home site will quickly reveal. The most exemplary paragraph from it is this:

I want you to think about every beer you put to your lips. Very often I'm just walking along . . . and somebody wants to stop and shake hands and say "Hi, you introduced me to that really strange Belgian beer and my life's never been the same since." Maybe the next time it will be you.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: