27 October 2017

[Wy'East] Two Dawns Over Wy'East

3516.
The Mountain was in beauteous form today. Also a few days back. As circumstance would have it, I happened to be on Big 122 at the viewpoint just as the sun was coming up.

The first time, about two days back, I couldn't get to the corner soon enough to catch the sunrise without intervening human artifice. Such is life. I get the shot, and I don't know about anyone else, I see the composite beauty within. The marks of civilization in front of me just make it that much more interesting.


This involved parking Olivia on Shaver Street just west of 122nd in the first legal parking area (the first sign back from 122, and just across the street from the driveway to Parkrose High School) and walking over.

The parking on 122nd from Shaver all the way up the hill to Fremont has been eliminated in favor of a bike lane. It's a pretty nice looking bike lane. And ain't no thing as I need the movement.

Back there today, it was rather dark. I got out of work a little early because things that happen. Most of the wait for dawn was very poetically dusk:


Up there n the upper right, there's a single star struggling against the encroaching dawn. I admired its audacity.

This, though, was the big show:


The shadow being thrown by Wy'east in the direction of Larch Mountain was just a bonus. I didn't count on that. One can see the steady southward track of the Sun, made manifest by the difference in the positions of the bright spots. There's a clear difference between this and the first.

And the entrance.


Pretty nice reveal.


The last few entries has been nothing but Wy'east, and if you're anything like me (and you might be), its during times of great dexterity that one narrows ones focus on what nourishes one. Wy'east is a heartening thing for me, so I seek it out more right now than normally.

I anticipate the waters calming soon, though, there's one major thing I need to get through. And I will. It's not a sinking boat, more like choppy waters, but one must keep one's hand on the tiller. So, bear with.

And so it goes.

No comments: