24 July 2018

The Daily Paint By Number: 50's Diner, 50's Car

3560.
Proceeding with the painting, I've blocked in the sky and parking lot and the trees, the cars, and the building stand out in negative space.


This has so far been a most satisfying experience; I love the rendering and the colors they've chosen. Despite being an old set, the colors are creamy and go quite a ways. They stand up to a lot of thinning.


The completion of the foliage in the background left me with the option of starting on the building, since I like to do these things in stages, or the cars. Continuing on the outside-working-in method, I start with the foreground car on the left. Which is a Ford, I guess, or something.

I'm only really good at classic VWs.



You'll noted a little smudge of color outsdanding the left edge of the diner building and to the right of the dark blue smudge in the white area. This is what we PBN insiders call an 'oopsie', and something that I will have to fix as I go into those areas of the painting. With these inexpensive acrylics, it won't be hard, really.


No comments: