28 September 2021

The Museum Of Vintage Art Supplies, At I've Been Framed

3999

In the last episode I gave you, the dear reader, a quick look around the legendary I've Been Framed Art Supply Center. This and the next one (or maybe two) I'll take a look at some of the details. 

Today: The Museum. 

In the IBF-that-was, there's a glass-sided cabinet with an off-white metal frame which is labelled "The Museum" (in fairly skillful sign-paniters' hand which careless fingers have now gone a long way toward scraping off (you know we can't ever have nice things in this timeline)). The IBF-Art Supply Center that is still has it, and more besides now. The new service counter has four shelves, long and deep, behind glass and with lights that flicker into being when you approach, and the collection of vintage art supplies is nothing short of gorgeous.


I made these a little larger so when embiggened, some detail can be seen. I hope.


I guarantee you, if you had an art class in any school, primary, secondary, or collegiate level, any time in the USA during the last, oh, I'd say 60 years, you'll see either something you used, or something very similar to something you used.

Art supplies bind us together as a people, truly. 

And, as I said, the OG Museum still stands, and, if my dead reckoning skills are as sharp as I think they are, it's in more or less the same place it was before. 



No comments: