Here's the recipe:
- 1 copy Photoshop CS3
- 1 ea Screen Capture
- 1 ea ALT-Splash Screen
- 1 ea My article at Designorati.com for display samples and the article at Photoshop News for more detailed illustrations.
- Open the Designorati and Photoshop News articles. Set them aside for reference.
- Fire up Adobe Photoshop CS3
- After PSCS3 is running, get the "ALT-Splash" screen (containing the development code name, Adobe Red Pill, by (on your Mac) holding down the ALT and CMD Keys whilst clicking Menu Bar>Photoshop>About Photoshop...
- Take a screenshot (either Shift-CMD-3 or Shift-CMD-4).
- Load the Screenshot into PSCS3 (which should still be open).
- Fiddle with the input white point and black point as described in the articles. Shifting the input black point all the way right will show you a memorial tribute piccy of Bruce Fraser by the red pill; shifting the input white point all the way to the left will show you the kitty's pawprints in the black area where the credits are.