- Aaron (48); retirement home chef; Palos Verdes CA
- Brad (25); sous chef; Scottsdale AZ
- Eddie (28); short-order cook; Miami Beach FL
- Rock (30); excutive chef; Spotsylvania VA
- Vinnie (29); night club chef; Milltown, NJ
- Bonnie (26); nanny & personal chef from LA
- Jen (26); pastry chef; Hazelton PA
- Joanna (22); chef's assistant; Detroit MI
- Julia (28); short-order cook; Atlanta GA
- Melissa (29); line cook; New York NY
- Tiffany (27); kitchen manager; Scottsdale AZ.
- Blue Team/Red Team, boys team/girls team...again. I'm hoping they don't hype it as another "battle of the sexes", because it was lame last time around, and the men's team depopulated itself at the rate of one per show. It'll probably be lame this time around as well.
- Two contestants from Scottsdale AZ. No comment here, but isn't that interesting?
- More professional cooking types.
- Some of the contestants remind us of gimmicks from last season' there's an old fellow (who made a bit of it in his interviews), sous chefs, personal chefs, assistants. We should expect the same sort of character-driven stuff as last time.
- We hear the set's architecture is changed somewhat, but just how isn't yet clear.
- Joanna couldn't telegraph her intention to be this season's conniving Sarah-type if she'd hit you over the head with it (see the video).
- One of the chefs is from Spotsylvania. No insights here; I just wanted to be able to use Spotsylvania at least once in a sentence in this post.
Maybe I'm too hard on them for going the boys-against-girls route yet again. Looks like it might be good. I just hate stereotypes tho'...
Oh...yes. The prize will seem similar...an executive chef position at a Vegas area casino's restaurant. We begin to detect a pattern.
Tags: Hell's Ktichen 2007, Gordon Ramsay