29 September 2016

[cartoon] Major Tom, Blasting Off For Feline SF!

3382.
And, this just in: I'm helping promote a good thing by lending my modest artistic talents to a friend who needs illustration.

A few entries back I mentioned that I had created a comic character, kindasorta accidental like, a space cat named Major Tom. My friend Amanda, starting up a small press named Wolfeangel Press, has pressed him into service.
Major Tom, the glamour puss.

And his new mission.
Major Tom is the mascot of Wolfeangel Press' first anthology effort, No Opposable Thumbs. The effort is for reals, as is the website: http://www.wolfeangel.net. Amanda plans on beginning crowdfunding this very soon, and any one of my faithful interlocutors who stop by this blog can help by spreading the world.

Amanda's a good person with a fierce intellect and a lovely heart, and deserves all the support she can get. And if this goes as big as I hope it does, that means I'll take a step toward one of the things I've really wanted to do with this life:

Art. Being an illustrator. Something I should have listened to my heart telling me when I was a kid. 

George Eliot said it best: It is never too late to be what you might have been. 


No comments: