11 September 2016

[pdx] The Most Remarkable House In SE Portland Can Be Yours for A Very Expensive Song

3360.
At the almost-comically small address of 3040 SE McLoughlin Blvd here in Portland is one of the most remarkable houses in town. It's a ice-cream castle of a Victorian mansion, built in 1891, and it's known as the Johan Poulsen House.

Where it's at. Check it on Google Maps.
Tongues are a-wag on line in the Rose City because it's just been listed on Loopnet.Com for sale as a residential property (see http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19903945/3040-SE-McLoughlin-Blvd-Portland-OR/). It can be yours for the asking, provided your question is made of $1,350,000.

You can't just buy style like that at the Plaid Pantry, my friends.

If you had to ask, you can't afford it.
(Image: Google Street View)
For that, you get a signature landmark with nearly 5,000 square feet of living space, and enough bedrooms that you can move your salon in. Which is exactly what I'd do. I'd take me, The Wife™, our felines, and a few friends who deserve to be admired and we'd all go there and be awesome together. Hell, I'd research the dimensions of the Algonquin Round Table, have a replica made, have it put in the room with the best view (it sits on the nose of a bluff overlooking the east end of the Ross Island Bridge and with nearly unobstructed exposure to downtown Portland and most of the inner east side, I mean, imagine the views!) and we'd just be brilliant together.

And if I was only as beloved of America as I should have been, I'd already be there. Another way in which my homeland has let me down.

Thanks, Obama. 

No comments: