04 July 2004

First Steps and Reminders Why I Take Them

I've emailed Lazerquick. My first attempt at seriously getting information to work a new job in my chosen next career. Not as glamorous, maybe, as other GD professional opportunities, but pays better than my current job and doesn't visit misery on others whilst I'm left out to dry by a managment who's too busy patting themselves on the back for the great job they've convinced themselves they're doing.

I gave Lazerquick a quick summary of the programs I know (Quark, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and they fired me back a auto-response letter. It may go nowhere. It may go somewhere. But for me it's a sort of Rubicon.

I'm still not saying who I'm working for. I'm not proud of them, leave it at that for now.

But, one way or the other, I'm going to be a designer by profession. And I'm going to be paid for it. Designing is the best thing anyone can ever do. Ever.

No comments: