07 July 2004

John Edwards

The Presidential race this time seems to demand even more attention than the last one.

As many were paying attention (out of morbid curiosity if nothing else), there was much anticipation on who John Kerry was going to choose. He chose smilin' John Edwards, of course, as everyone knows by now.

Personally I like the choice. It's image. Edwards looks good, dont'ee?. And image goes a hell of a long way in this country of ours.

Now, I'm registered as a Democrat (I was Dem at first, then Libertarian for a year, then Dem again, then unaffiliated for a long time, now Dem again). I'm a big believer in aligning one's self with whatever group most closely aligns with one's own goals or values and the Dems are returning to thier roots and running good and smart people. I also believe that my re-registering as Dem pisses off Karl Rove.

In the course of all that I got on the DNC's e-mailing list. Does anyone remember how Mr. Kerry said that the veep announcement would go out on the 'net before being announced? Well, I got one of those announcments. Timestamped just after 08:00 Monday morning.

I may print it out and save it for posterity. Or burn it to a CDR. Or something.

No comments: