07 July 2004

Those Crazy Republicans

They're attacking Edwards already. As expected, it's not about any issue, it's all insult and ad hominem.

They sneer he's a trial lawyer. Well, so were many of our past presidents. Like Abraham Lincoln. Who was a Republican.

They sneer that he's a millionaire. Apparently that's okay so long as you're conservative. I guess liberals're supposed to be poor.

John Edwards comes as close to the quintessential American success story as anyone I can name. He was the first person in his family to go to college. He set his sights on not just achieving his goals-which wout be admirable alone given his background-but excelling. And excel he did.

You'd think that they'd give him credit for that. Oh, wait, my bad. No, you wouldn't. Like I said, it's expected.

And one more thing: when you high'n'mighty Republicans criticise someone like Kerry for being "the most liberal member of the Congress" in an attempt to sway or scare me into voting for Bush, you seem to forget that I am a loyal American...and a liberal. You don't convince me, you insult me, too.

No comments: