01 October 2004

[pdx_life] Damn, I Missed The Blast

Loo-wit knows I'm a day-sleeper.

I just climbed out of bed a little while ago only to hear over the radio that the anticipated eruption-mostly steam with a bit of ash-happened at about noon today.

And, on top of everything, the USFS Webcam server, whose output I feature on the sidebar, was so overloaded with requests that it crashed. The Cam still recorded images, but they won't be available for about a week, say the USFS.

I guess I carried around my camera for no good reason. Well, no not entirely. I've got some good cityscape shots. But I wanted one of the eruption! This is so not fair.

I'll still carry round the camera, of course. Once you start taking digital snaps, you really can't stop.

Until I can get me an image to put up here on the site, follow this link to a Yahoo! story about the eruption, including a link to video.

I am keeping the link to the VolcanoCam in the right-hand column. It's just plain cool.

No comments: