29 September 2020

The First Clear View of Wy'east In A Very Long Time

3766

I usually kind of am indifferent to clear blue skies, much preferring the variegations of the cloudy and overcast but after the wildfire-choked Western sky of the past couple of weeks, even overcast-loving me is enjoying the clear blue.

Still, it took a little longer than I thought for the mountain to present. Precipitation followed by foggy mornings (well, it is getting into Fall). But here ... for the late Brenda Balin and all those others who happen by here for a view of Oregon signature peak ... is Wy'east at sunrise, taken from the stretch of NE Killingsworth St just west of I-205 I pass hither and thither through every working day:


The peak is in silhouette but that's mere apparency. The sun this day was rising off to the left, to the north (as is appropriate for this time of year), over Larch Mountain, to be exact. One can just make out the pattern of glaciers on the flanks of the volcano (no snow, as of yet).

Here's a wider view of the scene:

That distant humpback on the left there is the aforementioned Larch Mountain. And again it strikes me how hard it is to frame a picture so that the psychological weight of the mountain communicates. Seems rather small, here. 

We all have a different vision, and that applies to the indifference of the sensor of the Canon camera I use. Such is photography, I guess.

No comments: