14 September 2020

Theres A New Girl In The Studio, And She Noms Brushes

3757

We do have a new addition to the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee, and she's a domestic shortair tuxie girl we call Tabitha, or Tabby for short. 
 
She's an adorable fuzz-head but she's been a little tough to get close to, but we're finally getting there, her and me, after about three months. She's claimed the windowsills of the studio as her domain and she's finally let me give her head skritches. And she has a unique quirk.
 
I keep my brushes on a little folding side table to the right of the drawing board. The usual path up to the window involves ambling across that board. She has apparently been intrigued by the handfuls of brushes I have there, and has investigated them ... but I get a little ahead of things.
 
A few days ago, the Brown Eyed Girl found one of my fan brushes up the stairs from the basement. It was a mystery; I don't usually wear any clothing baggy enough to hook a brush and drop it halfway up the stairs. And, of course, feline mischief must never be discounted, but we had no compelling evidence of it. But as it would happen, the culprit indicted herself.  

There is a built-in desk in my studio, it's part of the architecture. Because of its relative size and height compared with the drawing board we call it the 'knee-desk', and this is where I do my web-surfing and diary-writing and everything not having to do with putting graphite or paint on something to create a picture. And here comes Tabby, ambling her way obliquely across the board, aimed more or less at the jars and coffee can I keep the brushes arranged in. 

Next thing I know she's sniffing at the brushes, and leans in and, nip, tries to snag a fan brush. I take charge and find that, in this position, she seems willing to let me scratch the top of her head, do a little ear-fondling, and give her jaw skritches. 

So, some sort of amity seems in the offing. And, I have to keep an eye ont he brush bandit now. 


See how she is.

No comments: