02 September 2007

[pdx] Hey, Powell's, Help A b!X Out, Neh?

935. It has come to our attention that, despite being of impeccable character and civic virtue (we wish we could say we did Portland Communique) that Powell's Books has, for some bizarre reason, not hired The One True b!X.

We also hear, by way of little bird net, that he's recently applied for one of two recently-open spots.

So, what about it, Powell's? Can you see your way clear to give a very deserving fellow a chance?

I know I carry little weight in the blog community here, but, hey, you don't know, I could become famous sometime next week. And I'm hardly of the calibre of b!X, but since I'm still looking for my graphic design gig, I feel a little of that pain.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now the only calibre I have is of a whining sort, heh.

(And I haven't actually applied yet, I only just saw the listings today.)

Samuel John Klein said...

You:

Right now the only calibre I have is of a whining sort, heh.

Sometimes it's hard not to. Believe me, I know this all too well.

And I haven't actually applied yet, I only just saw the listings today

Well, now that someone's gone and committed you, you oughta get on that, don't ya think? B-)

I mean, I lost two nights of sleep getting something together to send into Dark Horse. I hope they see the potential there...

You never know. this may be the time they get smart and hire ya'lls.