06 September 2007

[design] Applying To The Big O-Going for Broke

940. Well, another application package is just about ready to do. This one is to be hand-delivered, though.

The Oregonian, I have just learnt, is recruiting for editorial layout artists. 2 positions are open. This was brought to my attention by reading the Murmurs section of the Willamette Week, which contained a pointer to this posting on Craigslist.

You just never know where you'll find a lead, that's for sure.

Drawback: the deadline for submissions is tomorrow. As in, Friday. But I have some printouts and the Amazing Portlable Website ready to go into The Big Manila, and tomorrow morning, after the trudge through the drudge, I'll be at the front door of 1320 SW Broadway (not "Broadway Ave, I don't care what some mapmakers say) and seeing how I can drop this off.

I highly suggest to people to have a portable digital design portfolio ready to go on CD-Rom when necessary. It's one of the best things I've done so far in job searching–one never knows how much chance one has, but having it ready to go improves morale markedly.

Wish us luck.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and pointing out the name of the bridge in Newport and the builder. I did Google Conde McCullough as you suggested and added info about the bridge and the builder.

I wish you luck on getting the Oregonian job. I'll check back to see how it went :)

Samuel John Klein said...

Fantastic! Conde McCullough was, in his way, as responsible for that ineffable sense of what Oregon is as is anyone–he gave our Oregon Coast bridges that look that gives that unmistakable sense of place!

Thanks for the good wishes. Designing page for The Big O would be a one in a million chance come true, that's for certain!