30 June 2009

Running Firefox 3.5 FTW

2121.This user has downloaded Firefox 3.5 and I'm running it under Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a PowerMac G4. Really smooth so far.

What really strikes me at this point is the way Firefox has taken over the center spot in my web usage. Of all the browsers available to me, only the Firefox community offers the readily available tools to get the most out of my web life. I absolutely depend on the ScribeFire plugin to do my blogging, and the Fox has fewer problems with websites than any other browser that I use (I've used Opera and Safari – and both are nifty, but they don't have it all. And even Safari 4 has problems displaying some content that Firefox doesn't trouble with at all).

About the only thing I'd like to see in Firefox that it don't have now is a PDF plugin. Having it in the browser instead of downloading and opening Acrobat is so much nicer.

I'm just a small fish but I'd sure recommend downloading this. Don't miss out!

And dig the downloads in real-time here. Now approaching 2 Millions as this is being written.

Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

s2 said...

I'm not sure if it works with FF3.5, but there exists some lightweight PDF plugin for FF:

http://ccxvii.net/mupdf/plugin/install.html

(needs no Adobe Acrobat software installed)

s2 said...

it seems I missed -- this would run only on Windows/x86 platform :(

But who knows -- maybe someone recompiles it for every usable plaftorm.

Samuel John Klein said...

Ah, well – it's a resource and it works for someone, and that's what really matters.

Thanks so much for sharing that!

hanum said...

still has many bugs but Firefox 3.6 has just launched recently ;))