1438. Shari's has been a dependable friend-of-the-family since before I was married to The Wife™. Courtesy the corporate website, I found out some things that I didn't know, that I didn't know I always wanted to know:
- The chain was born in 1978 in Hermiston, founded by Ron and Sharon Bergquist.
- The second location was opened in Sherwood within a year when the Hermiston location came a success.
- The distinctive floorplan with the hexagonal footprint is actually patented. with the kitchen in the center it is meant to provide for very efficient workflows, ease of overseeing for the wait staff, and the maximum amount of window-seatage (yes, "seatage" is too a word. Says me.)
- The chain recently opened its 99th location ... in Roseburg.
- Shari's is largely in Oregon and Washington but has locations in California, Idaho, Wyoming and Nebraska.
- The chain is named for the founder's wife, Sharon, who goes by the nick of "Shari".
Powered by Qumana