29 May 2021

Grand Avenue Extreme Closeup!

3913

Zooming with my point'n'shoot Canon PowerShot is fun. 

The current tool is the PowerShot S230 SX. That SX on the end means 'super zoom', and it does the trick: at the end of the zoom, which goes from optical to digital zoom, I get a 56x magnification. Now, I've always admired telephoto pictures, the way they make things look much closer than they are and create a new world based on a point of perspective. I can't exactly do that, but if I choose my POV and perspective just-so and then zoom the hell in, I get a nice effect in-camera. 

I did it to the shot of the viaduct when I realized I was looking straight down SE Grand Avenue, and here's what I got:

 

Now, Grand Avenue isn't known for its hills ... but there, it looks like a street in San Francisco. And it kind of tells a different story.

No comments: