25 May 2021

The Signs Of The Times In Parkrose, Part 2

3903

This sign is just a bit down the block, south, toward Prescott on NE 99th. There's no other valid comment I think than yes, the times are such that a statement, on a side street, is entirely relevant and pertinent to the way things are going in America, and in Oregon, and in the Pacific Northwest right now. 


I will say this about that (since I'm a white man I don't have to be allowed to prattle on, I just do it): back when I was a teen, I saw trends in media and society that gave me hope that (at first, I was a child) we would end various -isms, racism, sexism, by the time I was an adult. Then I modified it to allow that maybe the way we were going we wouldn't end it but we'd take it down a hell of a lot.

And it's 2021, and look at what we elected last term, and look at what his followers are still doing. 

Wasn't I a fool?

No comments: