30 May 2021

Tilikum Crossing, In Passing, From the West

3919

This is a view of Tilikum Crossing from the seat of a car travelling northbound on Moody Avenue, just south of the intersection where all the transit traffic comes and goes from it.


It's quite a beautiful bridge, and that's actually a change of mind for me. I love the way the cable-stayed design makes it look like a suspension bridge. At first, I wasn't that big a fan, but that was then. 

They're going to try to build a new Interstate Bridge, while I'm woolgathering about it all, and I hope they take some inspiration from this, amongst other things. Columbia River Crossing 1.0 was going to be a dreary, boring thing. A bridge in that spot, linking Portland and Vancouver, should be a majestic, impressive thing. 

Maybe a suspension bridge? I can hope.

No comments: