24 June 2021

Immortality Assured Via Apple Look Around

3949

Look at what the Brown Eyed Girl peeped and pointed me at yesterday, on NW 11th Avenue adjacent to Powell's: 

 

She saw it from back in the Orange Room approaching the checkout; from a distance it looked like a Google Maps Street View car. This is what I found when I got out there though: note the text on the rear door.

It had California plates, which is appropriate.

I learned that Apple is rolling out a feature for Apple Maps, similar to Google's Street View, called Look Around. Unlike Google Maps, Apple Maps doesn't have a web portal though, so if you want to see me taking a picture of them taking a picture of me taking a picture of them, you'll have to employ your mobile device.

I don't know when to expect my image to show up on Apple Maps, as I don't recall how long it takes digital pictures to be developed these days. 

And so it goes.

No comments: