13 August 2008

[design] Now That You Mention It, I Do Have An Online Gallery

1704.


My Australo-Celtic friend, SmokyBanjo, in a comment a few missives back, wondered why I don't post more of my design work here.


It's a fair question. After all, I do try to make this about design and not just my ruminations and perambulations. The current dry spell and the demands of just bringing in enough money to prevent us from being thrown out of house and home mean I haven't had much to post ... lately. But I do have an online portfolio at ArtBistro, and anyone whose interested a sampler (which is just a slice of what I can do) can view it here:



The ZehnKatzen (Samuel John Klein) Gallery at ArtBistro.com (hey bookmark it!)



Tags: , , , , , ,


Powered by Qumana


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool I'll check it out.
Australo-Celtic! I like it. I'm back home now though.
Its weird being in Ireland, Australia was so backwards.

Samuel John Klein said...

So you're back home for permanents now? Australia was just a temporary thing.

They say that Oregon and Ireland have quite a bit in common as far as attitudes and parts of my home state have been compared favorable with Eire.

A local blogger (who seems to have sadly gone incognito) even went by the name Taoseiach (I probably messed the spelling on that one))

Anonymous said...

Yeah you did, but not by much.
The i was meant to be after the o but its incredibily understandable. I mean half of the Irish population wouldn't be even half that close, we really don't like our native tongue and it is an awfully confusing backwards language.

Teceangl Bach said...

That's really kind of amusing, SB. The impression one gets from outside of Ireland is that Gaelic is the language everyone in Ireland would speak if only they could. Personally I find it fascinating.

One of my wife's favorite pastimes is the study of historical names, and one of the books she uses is Sloinnte Gaedheal is Gall; I'm charmed by the strangeness of the language and the typeface they use to make it authentic.

That said, it is a particularly difficult language for the English speaker; the pronounciation is not at all obvious ... I'm told that taoiseach is pronounced "tee-shock".

Samuel John Klein said...

SB: My mistake! The above is me, I was just signed in as my wife for some odd reason.

Samuel John Klein said...

SB: My mistake! The above is me, I was just signed in as my wife for some odd reason.