02 September 2004

Appeasing the Karaoke Gods

New cool place to go 'oke, Chan's Steakery on SE Main Street in downtown Milwaukie.

My The Wife[tm] has been a bona fide Oke-head for a while. She's done the Cheerful Tortoise (downtown on SW 6th Ave near Portland State Universerary) and The Porterhouse (out on SE McLoughlin Blvd in Oak Grove). She's been a few places I don't know too much about because, around here, she's the one with the seven-nights-a-week off where as I bust my own chops almost all week long. But that's another program.

Chan's really make a good impression on me. Almost terminally-upbeat KJ named Ivor, the business owner gets into the action, a combination plate that has General Tso's Chicken (which you don't have tor request to get spiced up), I mean, the place has a lot going on. Not the least a KJ crew that looks like it has a ton of fun. It looks as though The Wife[tm] might be asked to join 'em.

I also now ownz0r the Partridge Family's I Think I Love You. I'm not to bad at Billy Joel, either, if I do say so myself. And I do.

No comments: