26 September 2004

[sundial_life] Introducing DJ The Wife[tm]

Good news from my The Wife[tm]. After a sufficient period of sincere ingratiation, she may have scored a gig as a DJ. Well, a Karaoke Jock (KJ) actually.

There's a particularly good one, KJ Ivor, at Chan's Steakery on SE Main in Downtown Milwaukie, which is one of my new happy places. He told her that an opening has come up at another karaoke bar and he apparently recommended her.

I'll post details after I know it's a sure thing. But if this is lucrative enough that means I can give up maybe 8 hours per week at The Spice Mines, and that should be enough to keep me sane.

I love going to school for GD. But I sure am tired of being tired. And being tired of being tired. Just once I'd like to rest on my laurels. Just a little.

Crossing my finners, now.

(BTW:Find Chan's Steakery at 10477 SE Main St, in Milwaukie. That's just one block off McLoughlin Blvd, and you can see the Steakery from McLoughlin. Cozy lounge with typical loungey vinyl chairs, little lounge tables, and they serve the full restaurant menu in the bar)

No comments: