21 September 2004

[design] My Work Is Enroute

Well, as of last Saturday night, the Columbia Overlook's digital files now exist as an upload to the ftp server of Oregon Lithoprint.

Due to two large 300 d.p.i. images, my ZIP file was 36.9 Mb in size. Took about three and a half blessed (and I mean that sincerely; no hangups or callthroughs) hours of upload on 56K (effectively 28K) dialup. My printer contact told me I can down-res them to 200 d.p.i. Must do that and see how much smaller the files get.

I've also pointed my friends and 'quaintances in the Yahoo! graphic design group over there. I've critiqued several; now it's thier turn. Fair's fair.

Even though it was volunteer, it was real-world experience, and the real payment is in working with a team to produce something, and having a portfolio piece.

I'm really looking forward to the next go-round.

No comments: