22 September 2004

[blog_life] The Enigma That Is BlogPatrol

Some time ago, I placed BlogPatrol code in my blog. It's over there on the right, just below the "I Power Blogger" graphic. I really am just curious if anyone's visiting (they are, but not very fast, which is OK for now). Though me just checking out the look accounts for a great many of the clicks, I do get some referrals.

Some of them are just downright strange. The weirdest thing is that many of the single-referrers don't actually seem to contain a reference to my blog at all. Take the Kids Wrestling Association, for example. Putting aside the spectre of a sort of little-dude's Fight Club (except that you can talk about it) put together by a few 9-11 year olds (true story-read the profile) in a little town in southwestern Oklahoma where this obviously is about the only thing they have to do, comparing the blogs, content-to-content, I can't even begin to picture the wormhole that somehow connected us.

I've had a few people Google me who are German speakers, and that's kind of flattering. I'm sorry if I've disappointed them as the only things German about my website are my heritage and 1/3 of the title (zehn katzen means ten cats). I could rename it Die Zehnkatzenzeiten but that would be wicked, and huge bother besides.

And, looking at the Google search info, I got a hit or two on "potter against francesconi", which is kind of cool, but the real puzzling thing is that I seem to be a way station on the route for people looking for info on Victor Boc. Eight of the last ten search pings had ol'Vic somewhere in the string.

He must owe people an awful lot of money.

Of course, knowing my feelings about Victor Boc, this is high irony.

No comments: