1574. (WPXI.com) In West Virginia, a young lady was injured ... by a scorpion sting.
On Sunday, 12-year-old Meagan Templeton was stung by the insect while shopping for watermelon at Wal-Mart in Barboursville near Huntington.
Meagan's father thought she was mistaken until Wal-Mart workers caught the scorpion so the family could take it to the hospital with them.
Apparently it snuck in in a shipment of fruit, most likely either bananas or watermelons.
Money quote courtesy Meagan's dad, living in denial until they found the critter:
There is no scorpions in West Virginia.
Being from an area of Oregon that had some backwards sorts in it, I'm qualified to opine: I believe that should be "There ain't no scorpions in West Virginia."
But apparently our scorpions is learning.
Powered by Qumana