08 December 2013

[art] If You Don't Want To Use Adobe Illustrator CC …

2975.There are many reasons why a digital artist would not want to (or can't) use Adobe Illustrator. Cost and the hazards of the cloud are two reasons I've heard; there are those I've spoken with who still can't wrap their brains around the idea of a application you have to subscribe to to have continue to work (and I'll admit, I'm one of them). The idea of your personal information getting compromised (as has recently happened to Adobe) does not argue, at least not to me, in favor of the idea of the cloud.

I'm a bit old fashioned, so go ahead, point and laugh, and let's get past this together.

If Adobe Illustrator seems no longer a viable idea, or if your budget puts it out of the question,  this article at Spoon Graphics gives you ways to go. Vector drawing is a thing, and other applications are more routes to that thing. I've tried Inkscape before, and I like it; I'm installing it on my iMac right now to get a better taste.

The link is: http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/articles/7-adobe-illustrator-alternatives-for-the-casual-designer

No comments: