11 November 2007

[net_life] Good Podcasts

1109. With the addtion of an iPod (though be it used) to the real property hereabout, I have been getting into something I really really wanted to partake of, and that is, of course, podcasts.

I've always loved listening to the radio, and podcasts are like that – informative programs going in-depth about things I'm very interested in, in the people-talking-to-you format. When its well-done, it becomes like people you like chatting and you get to listen in.

There are a handful of podcasts that I listen to regularly, and they're dreadfully well-done (these are all available in the iTunes Store and can be searched for there by title):

  • The Adobe Creative Suite Podcast
  • DAS Film Fest
  • InDesign Secrets
  • Logo Design
  • Onion News Network
  • Porland Mercury Pod 'n' Vod, especially Pure Pod for Now People, which is fun enough that I wish that Magsy and Matt would do them twice a week.
  • The Skeptics Guide to the Universe
  • This American Life (yes, iPod ownership has made me one of those insufferable Ira Glass fans)
  • TriMetTV (naturlich)

Of course, some of them are vodcasts, which means if you have one of the older non-video iPods you can't take them to-go, but if you have iTunes, you can watch them on your 'puter all the same.

Question to my handful of readers: do you have favorite podcasts? What's on your iPod (or iTunes, or iRiver, or whatever)?

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

stan said...

My podcast subscriptions are as follows:

Podrunner by DJ Steve Boyett
Groovelectric by DJ Steve Boyett
NPR's Thistlepod with Fiona Ritchie
East Hill Church - Weekend Services
2GuysTalking: 24 Podcast, a weekly review of Fox's 24

Past subscriptions that I haven't found time to listen to are:

A Prairie Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegone
NPR's Car Talk
Irish and Celtic Music Podcast

Anonymous said...

Regular subscrips:

Coverville: a podcast of cover songs by various artists (my favorite)

Right Wing World: a segment on the Stephanie Miller radio show

An assortment of shows from the New Orleans radio station 99.5 FM, just because it's home and I love to hear the accents and the voices

Samuel John Klein said...

Those are some skookum choices, guys.

I notice that there's a lot of music in there. The more writerly the person (one recreational writer, one pro), the more we seem to like different and interesting musical selections.

Coverville looks like something worth checking out. So do Podrunner and Groovelectric.