02 October 2007

[liff] That Much Closer to Producing a Podcast

981. I finally got around to getting a cheapo Radio Shack microphone for SunDial Three, my PowerMac G4. I typically worry about whether or not things like this will work without a great deal of hassle; I found, of course, that I worried over nothing.

All I had to do was plug the mic into the line in jack, fire up Audacity, and record.

I've mentioned Audacity before. I found it when I needed a program to edit together sound clips; since this is neither my forté nor my ambition I wanted to find something that just did the basics and, if possible, was free. Audacity is worth much, much more than the price (which is free), and the help files give the novice an introduction to the sound artist's trade.

Audacity is available here. You really ought to look into this.

Good Lord, does my voice sound gooney! Still, it's the only voice I have, so we'll have to go for it. It's good enough quality that I can think about actually doing something I've always wanted to do, and that's a podcast.

Now, all I have to do is get some really interesting content!

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: